A New Year Means Taking Time to Reflect: 6 Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Career & Personal Life by Noreen Braman
It wasn't the year we wanted, but it was the year we got. A new year is a traditional time to look at the past year accomplishments and missteps. How has the coronavirus pandemic changed the way you do things, both professionally and personally?
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What are your "did work" and "didn't works" for 2021?
- What can you spend more time on?
- What can you eliminate?
- What skill, habit or practice can you add in the coming year?
- What adaptations and changes will continue through the new year as the pandemic remains an issue?
- What types of help and assistance are available in your community?
Here are some important things to consider:
- Things we can control and things we cannot control.
- Situations we can change, and those we cannot change.
- What gave us joy, sense of purpose and resilience and what did not.
Of course, the answers and the actions you take are not always simple. Your decisions can involve and affect both your personal and your professional life, and the lives of your loved ones. Your steps forward can range from tweaking something to life-changing plans.
In the case of items and situations you cannot control, learning how to accept those issues – not letting them "live in your head" – will help your personal well-being. Things or actions that give you joy and a sense of purpose may not be "profitable," but rare a sensible investment in yours resilience.
As we move forward into the new year, keeping these words in mind can help us all hope for better days ahead.
“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering 'it will be happier.'” – Alfred Lord Tennyson.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get inspiration in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
New Year Goals Journals $6 & Up
Resume Resources $8 & Up
Marriage Workbooks $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.