New Year Health Strategies: 6 Ways to Commit to Your Health & Wellness by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
The new year is right around the corner, and nationwide, people are contemplating what resolution to make. With the COVID-19 pandemic up-ending everything from gym time to holiday plans, this is a time to reset our health game plan and recommit to a healthier, happier version of ourselves. Here are six tips for renewing your commitment to good health and making 2021 your healthiest year ever:
- Get more quality sleep. Sleep is an essential part of your health. Lack of sleep can have a detrimental effect on your body and can lead to higher stress, weight gain and depression.
- Take more “me time” and focus on self-care. With our busy schedules, it’s often hard to find “me time.” It doesn’t have to be elaborate. Set aside small periods to meditate, read a book of your choice or practice yoga.
- Eat more whole foods. Whole foods like vegetables, nuts, whole grains and fish contain essential vitamins and nutrients that your body needs to operate at its optimal level.
- Sit less and move more. While we are all more sedentary due to staying at home and social distancing, make time to move more by going on walks.
- Find a physical activity that you enjoy. Try out new activities to become a healthier version of yourself. Try jogging, bicycling or swimming.
- Schedule a primary care appointment with your nurse practitioner or other health-care provider. Many people have postponed care during the pandemic, missing the opportunity to finetune their health with an annual wellness exam. The new year is an excellent time to check in with your health-care provider, schedule routine testing and ensure your chronic conditions are well-managed.
Make 2021 your best year yet by resolving to focus more on you – including your mental and physical health.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
2021 Planners $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.