Men’s Health Wake-up Call: 6 Reasons Why Many Men Need a Health Checkup ASAP by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
This month, Movember is taking men out of their comfort zone to talk about something many spend their whole lives avoiding – their health. Women are 33 percent more likely than men to see a health-care provider and 100 percent more likely to get an annual checkup, which helps explain why women live longer. Even more troubling, men are conditioned to avoid symptoms and skip out on screenings that could save their lives. Here are six reasons you need a checkup ASAP:
- Men are more likely than women to get type 2 diabetes, often because men have no idea they have it.
- The average age at testicular cancer diagnosis is 33, and early detection is critical.
- More than 30 percent of men will experience depression, and men are four times as likely as women to commit suicide.
- Nearly 200,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer this year, and survival rates range from 98 percent to 26 percent, depending on the stage when diagnosed.
- The average age for a man’s first heart attack is 66.
- Approximately 12 percent of men are in fair or poor health.
Too many men avoid health issues, and they pay the price. A quick checkup can help identify risks and chronic problems and put you on a path to better health. If you’re overdue, make an appointment today!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Blood Pressure Monitors $15 & Up
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
Men's Health Magazine $15/year
Men's Journal Magazine $16/year
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.