Men's Health: 5 Ways to Help Men Keep Their Immune Systems Strong by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Roughly 20 percent of men don’t discuss health-related matters with anyone. But during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, maintaining good health is more important than ever. Follow these simple tips to help keep your immune system strong:
- Schedule regular checkups. Your health-care provider, such as a nurse practitioner (NP), can help keep your health on track. Many are now offering telehealth services, making it easier than ever to have a checkup.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Increasing the amount of fruits, vegetables and proteins in your diet can help your body get the nutrients it needs to sustain a strong immune system.
- Increase physical activity. Physical activity is linked to better heart health and is a great way to keep your body strong.
- Minimize stress. High levels of stress for long periods of time can take a toll on your health. Practice mindfulness and take time for yourself each day to destress.
- Sleep more. Sleep deprivation negatively affects your health and immune system. Shoot for seven hours of sleep each night. Limiting distractions before bed and waking up at the same time each day can help you sleep more. If you still struggle with sleep, reach out to your health-care provider and see how they can help.
While these tips can help you stay healthy or get on the path to a more healthy lifestyle, if you feel sick or have any symptoms of COVID-19, such as shortness of breath, a cough or a fever, reach out to your health-care provider for appropriate care.
The information on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information provided through this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Exercise Equipment $5 & Up
Stress Relief Aids $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.