Help for Chronic Pain: 5 Natural Ways to Manage Your Chronic Pain by Sophia L. Thomas, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, PPCNP-BC, FNAP, FAANP
Roughly 50 million adults in the U.S. suffer from chronic pain. Chronic pain has been linked to reduced mobility and restricted daily activities, increased dependence on opioids, increased anxiety and depression and reduced quality of life. If you are suffering from chronic pain, it’s important to reach out to your health-care provider, such as a nurse practitioner (NP), to see how they can help.
If you are suffering from chronic pain, these tips may not eradicate your symptoms, but they may help ease your suffering:
- Manage your stress. Creating healthy habits, such as eating well, getting plenty of sleep and engaging in physical activity, can help you feel more in control of your stress and may alleviate pain.
- Become active and engaged. Distract yourself from your pain by engaging in activities you enjoy, such as spending time with friends and hobbies that help you reduce stress.
- Find support. Reach out to other people who are in the same position and with whom you can share your struggles and discuss your highs and lows.
- Consult a professional. If your chronic pain is causing disruptions to your daily life, reach out to your NP or another health-care provider to see how they can help.
- Tap into the power of positive thinking. Focus on what you are able to do, each day will bring new challenges but overtime you may see a difference in your chronic pain.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.