Raising Healthy Kids: 10 Habits to Instill in Early Childhood That Will Stay With Kids for Life by KLA Schools of Plainfield
According to a study conducted by Brown University, a child’s routines and habits formed before the age of 9 are unlikely to change as they get older. Early childhood is the best time to instill healthy habits in your children so that they will grow to become healthy adults.
Here are some tips for encouraging healthy habits in your child. These tips can be easily incorporated into your family’s everyday life and will help your child learn healthy habits that will stay with them for life.
- Have your child visit their pediatrician every year for a checkup. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends yearly wellness examinations starting at age 5.
- Ensure your child is up to date on all their required vaccinations.
- Starting at age 3, bring your child to the dentist twice per year for checkups and cleanings.
- Reduce junk food and sweets, and encourage healthy snacking, such as apple slices with peanut butter or veggies and dip.
- Let your child finish eating when they are full.
Mental and Emotional Health
- Help your child build positive skills to cope with stress, such as teaching them positive things they can tell themselves when they get scared.
- Encourage your child to problem-solve and think rationally in an age-appropriate way.
- Acknowledge your child’s feelings, and discuss them in a calm and respectful way.
- Let your child know they can talk to you about anything.
- Encourage empathy and help your child find common ground with others.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.