Yoga Breathing Exercises: How to Take Back Your Day & Reconnect to Yourself by Mary Aulbach
Yoga is great for everybody, but life is busy, especially with kids. If you haven't got the time for a full yoga class each day or are staying home because of the coronavirus pandemic, here is a way to stay connected and balanced at home.
- First, schedule in some time just for you. Write it in just like an appointment. It could be only five or 10 minutes.
- Find a place you can comfortably sit. The floor, chair, garden, porch or patio may work. Use cushions or blankets -- even beach towels are nice to support you. Once seated, adjust and settle.
- Close your eyes and connect to your breath. Gently seal your lips, breathing through your nose. Sit up nice and tall like royalty. Begin to notice if there is tension in the body and try to relax and let it melt into the earth.
- Now that you're relaxed, start to deepen your breath, without forcing, just filling up and emptying out. Focus all your attention on your breath. If the mind wanders come back to your breath without judgment. Allow the breath to regulate and become automatic, but still be aware of it.
- Now bring your attention back to your body, and from the top down, start to relax any holding you might find. Start here and breathe as long as time allows.
Tell us how this technique helped you below!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Breathing for Warriors: Master Your Breath to Unlock More Strength, Greater Endurance, Sharper Precision, Faster Recovery and an Unshakable Inner Game $13
The Healing Power of the Breath: Simple Techniques to Reduce Stress and Anxiety, Enhance Concentration and Balance Your Emotions $20
Yoga Mats $7 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.