Walking for Fitness: 7 Ways to Put More Variety & Fun Into Your Walks by Marge Jesberger
Everybody knows the benefits of walking, but sometimes it is hard to get off the comfortable couch. Here are some motivations that might make your walk more enjoyable. (Be sure to check with your doctor before starting an exercise routine!)
- Walk to become well read: Listen to your favorite or a new novel on audio.
- Walk to a bus route: Then take the bus back home!
- Walk together: If you have pets, grab their leash and go! If you have kids or grandkids, grab a stroller or wagon and go.
- Walk alone: If you are by yourself, enjoy the solitude.
- Walk to find buried treasure: Take a metal detector along. If you live by a beach or a high-traffic area, be sure to gain permission on private property.
- Walk with binoculars: You can see up close, like a tree frog, a kite soaring in the sky or people in an office building.
- Walk for a cause: Check out your local newspaper or online for the charity of your choice.
We all have good intentions to become healthier and happier. Before you know it, you will be walking a little bit further, increasing your stamina and, who knows, you might even get a good night's sleep.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Audio Books $1 & Up
Binoculars $15 & Up
Dog Leashes $6 & Up
Metal Detectors $40 & Up
Ear Buds $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.