Heart-Healthy Lifestyle: 5 Tips to Keep Your Ticker Healthy All Year Long by Joyce Knestrick, CRNP, FAANP
Heart health is something we should think about year 'round, and not just in February. It’s time to add these tips to your list to help make sure your own heart is healthy:
- Exercise. Shoot for 30 minutes a day, five days a week, but remember something is always better than nothing.
- Chill out. Stress is a major contributor to heart disease, so practice things that help reduce anxiety, like yoga, reading or meditation.
- Eat well. Indulge in a diet full of fruits and veggies, lean meats and high-fiber food.
- Butt out. Quit smoking to drastically reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
- Schedule a checkup. Your provider can help you monitor weight, high cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar – all major cardiovascular disease risk factors.
If you’re seeing hearts this month, consider your own. Practice better heart health starting today!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Yoga Equipment $5 & Up
Blood Pressure Monitors $19 & Up
Books About Meditation $3 & Up
Cooking for Two Books $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.