Achieve Your Fitness Goals: 7 SMART Ways to Stay on Track! by Allison Raeh
Now that the crisp promise of a new year has faded into the reality of everyday life, your motivation to stick to healthy resolutions may not be quite as strong as six weeks ago. Wellness is about incorporating lifestyle changes that are sustainable. Here are seven ways to stay on track:
- Check in with your goal. What’s important gets done; is it truly important to you?
- Follow the SMART formula to make sure your goal is: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound.
- Put your wellness activities in your calendar as appointments. Make your goals visible. A note may trigger your brain to re-focus.
- Don’t change too many things at once.
- Get some support! Ask a friend or family member to be an accountability buddy. Hire a trainer!
- Just get out there and do it! Today! Stop saying you will make a change “on Monday” or “next week.” What are you waiting for?
- Most importantly, be kind to yourself. Speak to yourself as though you would to a close friend. You will have days when you will miss a workout or choose the fries instead of broccoli.
Life is not a snapshot, but an epic movie that has twists and turns, ups and downs. Make your story one of well-being.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Fitness Equipment $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.