Resolutions Done Right: 5 Real Tips That'll Help You Achieve Your Goals! by Cindy Cooke, DNP, FNP-C, FAANP
If you kicked off the new year excited to make self-improvements but already your enthusiasm is waning, join the club. Every year, resolutions on average last until about the middle of February before 80 percent of us ditch them and settle back into the same old unhealthy ways. Change is hard, but your new year’s resolutions don’t have to be. Here’s how to do them right:
- Start small. Don’t try to fix everything at once. Set yourself up for success with one or two realistic goals at a time.
- Be specific. Want to lose weight? Give yourself something concrete to work with, like ditching soda or running 20 minutes every day before work.
- Write it down. Make a contract with yourself, post it where you can see it and write down incremental accomplishments to help stay motivated.
- Be flexible. Falling short one day doesn’t mean you’ve blown the whole year. Cut yourself some slack, so long as you are still working to the end goal.
- Find support. Resolutions are more fun when you do them with others. Find a buddy with the same goal, attack it together and share in the joy of success (so long as you don’t undo a year’s worth of hard work!).
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Journals $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.