Homemade Tortilla Chips: How to Make Fresh Restaurant-Style Tortilla Chips in Minutes! by Jan Mostrom
It's really easy to make warm, restaurant-style tortilla chips for your family without a lot of work. Buy the freshest tortillas you can find. The fresher the tortillas, the better the chips!
- corn or flour tortillas
- oil, for frying
- salt, if desired
Here’s how to make them:
- Warm a high-heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Gently lay in the chips, keeping the corn and flour separate.
- Turn them over once when they're golden brown.
- Remove and blot on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with salt, if desired.
You can prepare them early and serve warm with guacamole and salsa.