Classic Meat Lasagna Recipe With Ground Beef & Italian Sausage by 30Seconds Food
Is there anything more welcoming and comforting than a pan of freshly baked lasagna? The cheese. The meat. The sauce. The tantalizing aromas! This classic lasagna recipe has a meat sauce that starts with jarred pasta sauce. Ground beef and Italian sausage join the party to create a flavorful foundation for the lasagna. Add three kinds of cheese and it's a recipe you'll make over and over again.
Serve this cheesy lasagna with a fresh salad drizzled with homemade salad dressing and warm, crusty French bread or garlic bread. It's makes a lot, so this is the perfect recipe to share with friends and family.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente according to package directions
- 4 cups grated mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (bulk or removed from casings and crumbled)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jars (23 ounces each) pasta sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic in a skillet until cooked through. Drain fat. Add the pasta sauce, tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Cook, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together the ricotta, parsley, egg, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 cup of the meat sauce into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Top with three lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of the sauce. Repeat layers twice, finishing with three noodles and sauce. Cover and bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and top with tomato slices. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the lasagna rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $9 & Up
Pasta Sauce $2 & Up
Tomato Paste $2 & Up
Italian Seasoning $3 & Up
Lasagna Noodles $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.