Baked Bang Bang Chicken Nuggets Recipe: This Crispy Appetizer or Dinner Is a Winner by Terri Kendrick
Do you love Bonefish’s Bang Bang Shrimp? Then you’ll enjoy this spin on that tried-and-true dish, which uses chicken instead of shrimp paired with a similar sweet, spicy and creamy sauce. If you find breast meat to be too dry, coating in mayo fills in for the traditional egg wash to keep these chicken nuggets juicy and extra-tasty.
Inspired by a recipe from EatingWell, these easy, crispy chicken nuggets make a tasty appetizer or dinner that’s ready in about 30 minutes. To make this bang bang chicken recipe you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, panko breadcrumbs, canola oil, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, sweet chili sauce, lime juice sriracha and onion powder.
Serve this crispy chicken recipe at your next holiday party or get-together or while your family is watching football this weekend.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Salt and Pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Cooking in an air fryer may yield a browner, crisper crust on the chicken. Or you could also broil for a couple minutes at the end.
- If you like spicier food, add a little more sriracha to the sauce. Just keep tasting until you get it to your desired level of spice.
Here’s how to make it:
- Mix the oil and garlic powder with the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Roll chicken pieces in mayonnaise and then dredge the coated chicken in the breadcrumb mixture until thoroughly coated. Transfer the chicken to a greased wire rack placed on top of a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Bake the chicken in a 450-degree F preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is baking, blend chili sauce, lime juice, sriracha, onion powder with the remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- If desired, drizzle the chicken with a small amount of sauce before serving. Reserve the remaining sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 18.5g
Saturated Fat: 3.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 13.4g
Dietary Fiber: 0.4g
Total Sugars: 3.4g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.