Cabernet Wine Frozen Yogurt Recipe With Chocolate Sauce: A Little Naughty, a Little Nice by Chef Gigi
This cabernet berry-based frozen yogurt recipe is an excellent balance of staying healthy and getting a little naughty on Valentine's Day. Top it with dark chocolate sauce, and you will love this sweet-tart of a dessert!
The frozen yogurt is a combination of Greek yogurt, raspberries or strawberries, sugar, vanilla and cabernet sauvignon wine (red wine). The ingredients are blended together and then frozen overnight. So simple and delicious!
You can use store-bought chocolate sauce for this fro-yo recipe, but homemade is usually best. Make this easy two-ingredient chocolate sauce recipe, but double the ingredients. The rich and creamy chocolate sauce is simply heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips. That's all you need to make a sinfully sweet and delicious chocolate sauce to drizzle on anything.
This is the perfect Valentine's Day dessert recipe. But don't stop there! Make this red wine frozen yogurt anytime you want a sweet, boozy treat.
Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 24 hours to freeze
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 24 hours and 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pint raspberries or strawberries, cleaned and tops removed
- 4 - 5 tablespoons sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 4 ounces cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 ounces chocolate sauce
- 2 ounces seedless raspberry jam, warmed and fork-whipped, for garnish (optional)
- lavender sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- In a food processor, puree the berries and wine until the fruit looks pureed.
- Add the Greek yogurt, vanilla and sweetener to the berry mixture and process until fluffy and mixed well, about 1 minute.
- Spoon into molds or a loaf pan and smooth with a rubber spatula. Freeze overnight.
- Scoop into serving dishes and top with warm jam and chocolate sauce. Garnish with a sprig of lavender, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $30 & Up
Blenders $20 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Chocolate Sauce $3 & Up
Raspberry Jam $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.