Healthy Fresh Herb Green Goddess Salad Dressing Recipe (Oil Free & Dairy Free) by Donna John
The Mediterranean diet is my main focus in this new year of eating healthier. A recipe video for dairy-free green goddess dressing from The Mediterranean Dish came through my Facebook feed, and I immediately printed it out. Knowing that fresh herbs are Blue Zone ingredients and are super healthy and nutritious, and loving homemade salad dressings, I bought the ingredients immediately and prepared a batch for dinner.
Not only is this vegan recipe packed with fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro or basil and dill), but it's made with tahini instead of mayonnaise, oil or sour cream like many green goddess salad dressing recipes use. Tahini is a Middle Eastern condiment made with toasted ground sesame seeds. The sesame paste is a main player in most hummus recipes.
I drizzled this fresh, healthy salad dressing over mixed spring greens. It is bright, fresh and absolutely delicious. The remaining dressing I used to make green goddess chicken (recipe coming soon!). You can also use it as a dip for vegetables or spread it on naan bread or pita bread. It would also make a great sandwich spread or sauce for pizza. Store this healthy dressing in a mason jar or covered container in the refrigerator.
Cuisine: American / Mediterranean
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh parsley (I used flat-leaf Italian parsley)
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh cilantro or basil (I used cilantro)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh dill
- 2 green onions, chopped (original recipe called for 1 green onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemons (I added more lemon juice)
- 1/4 - 1 cup water (I used about 1/2 cup)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor except the water.
- Pulse until chopped.
- With the motor running, slowly add water until it is at your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more lemon juice, if needed.
- Pour the dressing into a mason jar.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.