Chocolate-Soaked Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe: Is This Cake Really Driving the World Crazy? by Donna John
A cake recipe from Quick, Simple & Delicious came through my Facebook feed. They said, "This cake is driving the world crazy! In 15 minutes! You'll do this every day! Quick and easy recipe!" Yep, I was intrigued and watched the video from start to finish. My stomach was growling by the end and I had a serious chocolate craving going on.
The cake batter is made with eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla sugar, oil, yogurt (think moist!), cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Simple enough. The four-ingredient chocolate sauce that soaks into the bottom of the cake and then is drizzled over the top is simply milk, oil, cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
Because the warm cake is soaked in the chocolate sauce, this is an incredibly moist and decadent chocolate cake recipe. This cake would be welcome for dessert any day. Will it drive the world crazy? Maybe. It depends on the day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 5 medium eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 8 grams vanilla sugar (heaping 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (200ml)
- 1 cup yogurt (220g)
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder (45g)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (16g)
- 1 cup milk (250ml)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (55ml)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (30g)
- 80 grams dark chocolate, chopped (a little less than 3 ounces)
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the eggs, salt, granulated sugar and vanilla sugar together until it's creamy and pale yellow.
- Add the oil and beat well.
- Add the yogurt and beat well.
- Sift in the cocoa powder and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bundt pan. Drop the pan on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove and let the cake cool for 15 minutes. Poke holes all over the cake with a skewer.
- To make the chocolate sauce, combine the milk, oil and cocoa powder in a small pot. Whisk to combine. Add the dark chocolate and cook, stirring, over low heat until melted and smooth. Pour some of the chocolate sauce over the cake. Let the cake sit for 15 minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Pour the remaining sauce over the cake.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.