Buttery Turkish Shortbread Cookie Recipe Is a Bite of Heaven by Susan Evind
Turkish coffee shortbread cookies are buttery and delicious with a striking flavor combination of strong coffee and warm cardamom. Dipped in a yummy chocolate sauce, these low-sodium shortbread cookies are to be relished and shared – especially during the holiday season!
This easy chocolate-dipped Turkish shortbread cookie batter is made with butter, sugar, flour, coffee and cardamom. The tender cookies are dipped into a simple two-ingredient chocolate sauce. The result is out of this world! If you make these cardamom and coffee cookies a few days ahead of time, keep stored in a tin or airtight container.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 48 (approximately)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee, espresso powder or French roast (use less for a more subtle effect)
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom (use less for a more subtle effect)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (or bar chocolate, cut in small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cookie Cutters
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Baking Sheet
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Airtight Containers
- I used a round 2-inch cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- When melting the chocolate, I use a double boiler because you can control blending the chocolate with the oil, and also you can sprinkle in fine powdered sugar just to sweeten it a bit.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the butter, granulated sugar and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until just combined (it doesn't have to be completely smooth).
- Mix in the flour, coffee and cardamom until the dough just comes together. Pull the dough together with your hands and set on a floured surface. Roll out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut out the cookies using your preferred cookie cutter. Transfer the cookies to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate coating, put the chocolate and vegetable oil in a small glass measuring cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until melted.
- Dip half of each cooled cookie in the chocolate. Let the excess drip off. Set the cookies down on parchment paper to harden.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 8.9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 16.3g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3g
Total Sugars: 10g
Vitamin D: 1mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.