Ponche de Crème Recipe (Cream Punch): A Holiday Rum Cocktail Recipe From Trinidad by 30Seconds Food
Love eggnog? Then you'll probably enjoy this easy cream punch – Ponche de Crème – from Trinidad. Ponche de Creme is a popular Caribbean Christmas cocktail that's made with rum, milk and spices. It's a creamy sip of the holidays!
This rum punch can be served over ice or just as it is. A cinnamon stick is a fun stirrer for this rum cocktail. You can use light or dark rum. You could make this drink in a blender if you don't have an electric mixer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 pasteurized eggs
- 1 lime, zested
- 18 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups rum (white or dark)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg (or use 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon)
- 2 teaspoons Angostura bitters
- cinnamon sticks, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Beat the eggs and lime zest with an electric mixer on medium-high until very foamy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. Beat for about 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the rum and beat another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the nutmeg and bitters.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer into a pitcher or punch bowl. Serve as is or over ice with cinnamon sticks and garnish with a sprinkling of nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.