This Easy Holiday Hot Buttered Rum Recipe Is Yum for Christmas by 30Seconds Food
Hot. Buttered. Rum. Yum! It's said that this hot rum drink's history in the U.S. dates back to the colonial days. But people still enjoy this hot holiday cocktail today, and for good reason. With butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and spices, it has quite a powerful ingredient lineup. The result is a delicious drink to sip on a cold night.
You make the base of this drink ahead of time, and make it mug by mug. Simply add about 2 tablespoons of the hot buttered rum base to a mug of boiling (or very hot) water and rum. Stir and serve. Try this easy hot buttered rum recipe on your next snow day or on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 - 2 drops vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum (preferably dark rum)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Here’s how to make it:
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the cream and powdered sugar. Add the spices and vanilla. Put into an airtight container.
- When ready to serve, put the rum and boiling water into a mug and add 2 tablespoons of the buttered rum mix. Stir well. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.