Simple Basil Pesto Spaghetti Recipe With Blistered Tomatoes by Donna John
This time of year, I'm all about the basil pesto. Pesto spaghetti is one of my go-to-recipes, but this time I had some grape tomatoes that needed to be eaten. This was the end result of those tomatoes that were just beginning to wrinkle on my counter. The acidity of the tomatoes cuts through the richness of the pasta, creating a nice balance of flavors.
The heavy cream in this pasta recipe is optional. If you prefer a creamier pasta, add it. Either way this is a quick, easy and delicious dinner. I used my homemade pesto recipe, but you could definitely use jarred or refrigerated store-bought pesto. Serve with a fresh garden salad and crunchy garlic bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 - 2 cups grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- 1 package (12 to 16 ounces) spaghetti noodles
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups homemade basil pesto or 1 jar basil pesto
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- pine nuts, for garnish
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Put the tomatoes into a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until blistered and soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Add the basil pesto and heavy cream, if using. (Add enough to reach desired consistency.) Stir until combined. Add the tomatoes and all juices. Gently fold into the pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garnish with pine nuts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.