Vegan Vanilla Turmeric Golden Milk Latte Recipe: A Healthy, Warm, Spicy & Comforting Hot Drink by Chef Gigi
Golden milk is reminiscent of a chai tea latte – both are warm, spicy and comforting! A combo of light canned (not boxed) coconut milk and unsweetened almond milk creates a creamy base for this delicious, healthful warm beverage. Coconut oil and ground black pepper have both help increase the absorption of curcumin, the beneficial anti-inflammatory compound found in healthy turmeric. If you can, try not to leave them out.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups canned light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 whole cinnamon stick or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean, cut open and seeds scraped into milk
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- sweetener of choice (maple syrup, coconut sugar, honey or stevia), to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Put the coconut milk, almond milk, spices and sweetener in a saucepan. Whisk to combine and warm over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, taste and adjust sweetener flavor. Add more sweetener to taste or more turmeric or ginger for intense spice and flavor. Before serving, build a good froth with a whisk or use a frother to top your latte!
- Serve immediately, dividing between two glasses and leaving the cinnamon stick behind.
Pro Tip: Add these spices for a variation of flavors. Be sure to strain before serving.
- 1 - 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 star anise pod
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch pumpkin pie spice
- whole peppercorns
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Saucepans $10 & Up
Light Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Ground Turmeric $3 & Up
Ground Ginger $4 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Cinnamon Sticks $4 & Up
Virgin Coconut Oil $5 & Up
Vanilla Beans $5 & Up
Black Pepper $2 & Up
Maple Syrup $4 & Up
Stevia $5 & Up
Coconut Sugar $5 & Up
Honey $3 & Up
Cardamom Pods $5 & Up
Star Anise $5 & Up
Cayenne $2 & Up
Nutmeg $4 & Up
Cloves $4 & Up
Pumpkin Pie Spice $4 & Up
Unsweetened Almond Milk $3 & Up
Frothers $10 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.