Crispy Fried Potatoes Recipe With Turkey Bacon Is What's for Brunch or Breakfast by Elisa Schmitz
I love it when my husband cooks breakfast because he tries things I may not think of. Take this easy fried potatoes recipe with turkey bacon, for example. I woke to the aroma of bacon and potatoes sizzling in a pan, and my mouth immediately started to water. I ran downstairs to see what he was whipping up (and to snap these photos)!
He topped the potatoes and bacon with two perfectly poached eggs, and an English muffin on the side. Not a brunch recipe I would have thought of, but one I thoroughly enjoyed (and have asked him for again)!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Servings: 2 to 4
- 6 - 8 small red potatoes, diced
- 6 - 8 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil and seasoning, if using. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. On medium high heat, stir fry the potatoes for a few minutes. Add bacon pieces and stir to combine with potatoes. Allow potatoes and bacon to cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally so all sides get brown and crispy. Be careful not to burn.
- Cook until potatoes and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and bacon is crispy.
- Top with poached or fried eggs, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.