4-Ingredient German Fried Potatoes Recipe With Bacon (Bratkartoffeln): A Bacon Lover's Dream Come True by 30Seconds Food
Bacon lovers, rejoice! Bratkartoffeln are German fried potatoes that are usually cooked with bacon and onion. Potatoes fried in bacon grease and olive oil may not be the healthiest dish, but they sure make a delish dish that's made in bacon lovers' heaven.
All you need in order to make these gluten-free German fried potatoes are Yukon gold potatoes, bacon, onion and olive oil. You can add fresh parsley or dill as a garnish, if desired, but that's optional. These flavorful potatoes are a bacon lover's dream come true!
Serve these crispy German cottage fries at your Oktoberfest celebration, or as a side dish for dinner any night of the week when you're craving some serious comfort food. They're so good, we think this easy and delicious fried potato recipe will make you rethink the French fry. Seriously!
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled until tender and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 pound thick-sliced bacon or slab bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley or dill, for garnish (optional)
- We used Yukon gold potatoes, but you could use fingerlings, new potatoes or red potatoes, too.
- Store leftovers in a container in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave or oven.
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels, leaving bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the onions to the bacon grease and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon.
- Add the olive oil to the pan with the remaining bacon grease. When hot, add the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until potatoes are browned and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Put the onions and bacon back into the skillet. Stir to combine and continue to cook until heated through. Garnish with chopped parsley or dill, if desired. Serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 24.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.4g
Total Carbohydrate: 22.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 1.6g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.