Best Coffee Rub Recipe for Steaks & Ribs: Sweet, Spicy & Savory by 30Seconds Food
Coffee-rubbed steaks and ribs are on menus all across the country. Coffee rubs complement the meat and add so much flavor, especially if the meat is being grilled or sears in a cast iron skillet. Good coffee rubs have other components that are sweet, spicy and savory to balance out coffee's strong flavor. While delicious on beef, you can also use this spice blend on chicken or pork.
This easy coffee rub recipe has garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion power, cumin, cayenne and brown sugar. Sweet, spicy and savory! If you don't grind fresh coffee beans, you could use pre-ground coffee. Store the rub in an airtight container for up to three months.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cayenne (or to taste and desired heat level)
Here's how to make it:
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.