Nonna's Famous Italian Meatball Recipe: These Easy Meatballs Melt in Your Mouth by Ann Marie Patitucci
Every Italian grandma and mom have their own way of making meatballs. This easy meatball recipe is exceptional! The meatballs are soft, moist and perfect with your favorite pasta and sauce. They also make a mean meatball sandwich or meatball casserole.
The Italian meatballs have just a few simple ingredients: dry Italian breadcrumbs, milk, ground beef, onion, fresh garlic, an egg, salt, black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano, and fresh minced parsley. The breadcrumbs and milk are mixed together and sit for five minutes before being added to the rest of the ingredients. The ground beef meatballs are baked in a hot oven for about 20 minutes. Simple!
You can freeze these meatballs after cooking, too. Simply let them cool completely, then pop them into a freezer container. You'll have delicious meatballs whenever the craving hits for about 3 months. To cook, thaw the meatballs then put them into a sauce to reheat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, salt, pepper, cheese and parsley. Mix to combine, but do not over-mix.
- Roll into 2-inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven for about 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Italian Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Meatball Scoops $6 & Up
Pasta Bowls $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.