Ground Pork & Quinoa Meatball Recipe: A Tasty 30-Minute Dinner by Donna John
Want to add protein, fiber, essential amino acids, magnesium (to name a few!) to your meatballs? This pork meatball recipe packs a super-healthy punch with the addition of quinoa – and tastes amazing! The ground pork is mixed with cooked quinoa, eggs, parsley and nutmeg, then shaped into meatballs. The meatballs are cooked in a skillet then simmered in spaghetti sauce. Delicious and healthy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup quinoa, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (23 ounces) spaghetti sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cooked quinoa, pork, eggs, parsley, cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Form into meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the meatballs and cook until browned on all sides and almost cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meatballs and simmer gently until meatballs are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked pasta with additional Parmesan cheese.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.