The Mayo Clinic Diet 20-Minute Lamb Souvlaki Open Wrap Recipe by Mayo Clinic Diet
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup peeled and cubed butternut squash cubes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 ounces lamb loin (very lean), thinly sliced
- 1 large whole-wheat pita (about 6 1/2 inches)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 medium sliced red onion
- 1 medium Roma tomato, sliced
- 1/2 medium lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Place the butternut squash onto a microwave safe dinner plate. Cover with damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 2 minutes until tender. Set aside to cool. Mash with a fork.
- Combine the oil, paprika, oregano and garlic in a bowl. Add the lamb and stir to coat.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb in a single layer. Cook 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Warm the pita bread in a sandwich press or microwave. Spread with mashed pumpkin. Top with spinach, onion, tomato and lamb. Sprinkle with extra oregano. Serve with lemon.
Photo: The Mayo Clinic Diet
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.