Easy Lamb & Lentil Casserole Recipe: One-Pot Lentil & Lamb Casserole Recipe Will Transport Your Taste Buds to India by Beth W.
I hope you enjoy making (and eating!) this easy lamb casserole recipe as much as I did. It will take your taste buds on a trip to India!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 800 grams lamb breast, chopped (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 jar (113 grams/4 ounces) Thai red curry paste or Indian curry paste of your choice
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 350 ml (about 1 1/2 cups) hot lamb stock or chicken stock (I use chicken)
- 330 grams (about 12 ounces) cherry tomatoes
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) spinach
- 1 can (390 grams/14 ounces) green lentils, drained (If using dried lentils, soak overnight)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- steamed rice, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or skillet. Brown the lamb in batches. Transfer lamb to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the onion in the lamb juices for 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, garam masala and curry paste.
- Return the lamb to the pan and add the chopped tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and lentils and warm through for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and a spoonful of yogurt.
Note: I used leftover lamb roast instead of cooking a fresh lamb breast. It turned out great!
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
Thai Red Curry Paste $3 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Lamb Stock $5 & Up
Green Lentils (Can) $3 & Up
Rice $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Garam Masala $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.