Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Potato Salad Recipe Is the Best Ever by Ann Marie Patitucci
Growing up in a house with an excellent cook no doubt spoiled me. There are some foods that I tend not to like because I only like my mom (Mimi)’s version. Her potato salad recipe is one example. As far as I’m concerned, hers is the very best!
This potato salad recipe has simple ingredients, can be made ahead of time, is full of flavor and is large-family approved. I’m happy to share it with you! All you need to make this creamy potato salad recipe is pounds, cucumber, red onion, eggs, pimentos and mayonnaise. The potatoes are baked, cut into cubes and mixed (gently!) with the other ingredients.
Serve this grandma-approved potato salad as a side dish with your favorite proteins. It's the perfect potato salad for picnics, cookouts, potlucks or family get-togethers.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1/2 a cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 3 eggs, diced small
- 1 jar ( 4 to 7 ounces) diced pimentos (your choice)
- mayonnaise, to taste (Mimi prefers Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise)
- Like many of Mimi’s recipes, she couldn’t tell me exactly how much mayo she uses and says that it’s really a preference thing. I believe 16 ounces is a reasonable place to start.
- Mimi uses very little black pepper in her potato salad.
Here’s how to make it:
- Boil potatoes with skins, about 30 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain them and allow them cool for about 30 minutes. Peel and dice potatoes into cubes. Salt them, to taste, after every third potato.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well. Taste test and add more of an ingredient if you think it needs it.
- Place bowl in fridge and allow to cool for at least 4 hours before serving.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.