OMG Popcorn Chipwiches Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwiches Got an Upgrade by The Popcorn Board
Popcorn adds to the yum factor in this easy ice cream recipe. It'll be your new way to eat ice cream all year and is really easy to make. Be sure to share with friends and family!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 pints brick-style vanilla ice cream
Here's how to make it:
- Keep popcorn warm. In a 3-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook until hard ball stage (250 degrees F on candy thermometer). Pour syrup over popped popcorn. Stir to coat.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts. Stir just to combine. Pour into two 13x9-inch baking pans, spreading and packing firmly. Cool.
- In each pan, cut 12 rectangles. Cut each pint of ice cream into six slices. Sandwich ice cream between two popcorn rectangles.
Nutrition (per 1 cup): 460 calories, 22 g total fat, 10 g saturated fat, 40 mg cholestrol, 230 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 59 g sugar, 4 g protein and 186 mg potassium
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Popcorn $2 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Light Brown Sugar $2 & Up
Dark Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Vinegar $1 & Up
Walnuts $3 & Up
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Candy Thermometers $8 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.