Quick Curtido Recipe: Crunchy Salvadoran Cabbage Slaw Recipe That Pupusas Love by 30Seconds Food
Curtido is a cabbage slaw recipe from El Salvador. The salad is made with green cabbage and carrots with a vinegary dressing. Crunchy curtido is often served as a side dish with homemade pupusas or other dishes.
To make this curtido recipe spicy, you can add chopped jalapeno (leave the seeds and ribs in for extra heat) or crushed red pepper flakes. This simple recipe can easily be doubled. Curtido will keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
Cuisine: Salvadoran / Central American
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 24 hours
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes plus 24 hours to marinate
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Stir together the water, vinegar, salt and oregano in a bowl.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and green onions, if using. Stir well to combine. Let the mixture marinate at room temperature for about 30 minutes before covering and refrigerating 24 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.