Gluten-free Tabouli (Tabbouleh) Recipe: A Refreshing Mediterranean Salad Recipe for Summer by Java Hemmat
A staple meze at a Mediterranean table, we've elevated the authentic tabouli! Usually made with bulger (cracked wheat), we turned it into a delightful gluten-free recipe that pairs beautifully with our classic hummus in nourish bowls, as an appetizer and topping on shawarmas.
Light, refreshing and healthy, serve your friends and family this easy tabouli recipe at your next get-together! You could throw in some kalamata olives and other fresh herbs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 bundle parsley, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- romaine lettuce, as boat to scoop tabouli (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- In a mixing bowl, gently toss all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to unite.
Photo: Hummus Chick
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.