Quick Cheesy Bean & Chicken Quesadilla Recipe With Pico de Gallo by 30Seconds Food
Quesadillas are a quick dinner option for busy nights or a fun appetizer at get-togethers. Quesadillas can be stuffed with a variety of ingredients, but this one uses shredded chicken, beans and cheese. They are fun, filling and delicious!
This chicken quesadilla recipe is a great use for leftover chicken. If you don't have leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken works well or cook a chicken breast or two in a pan with salt and pepper until cooked through, cool then shred. So easy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) kidney beans or black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 8 flour tortillas
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the chicken, beans, salsa, cheese and cilantro, if using, in a bowl. Mix well.
- Put four tortillas onto a cutting board. Divide the chicken mixture between the tortillas. Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Put one quesadilla into the pan (two if your pan is large enough) and cook for about 2 minutes or until it is browning on the bottom. Flip it over and continue to cook until cheese is melted and other side is golden. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into quarters. Serve with pico de gallo and other desired toppings.
Note: You could also fold the tortillas over and cook, then cut in half.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Nonstick Skillets $10 & Up
Kidney Beans $1 & Up
Black Beans $1 & Up
Salsa $3 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.