Zucchini Stuffed Shells Recipe Is a Cheesy Way to Eat Summer Squash by 30Seconds Food
'Tis the season to be overloaded with summer zucchini squash. There are so many recipes you can make with zucchini, from zucchini bread to zucchini casseroles to zucchini noodles to zucchini biscuits. This recipe takes a beloved pasta dish – stuffed shells – and does a fresh twist by adding zucchini to the filling.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded or finely chopped zucchini
- 2 cups (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked to al dente according to package directions
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- fresh oregano or fresh basil
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onions and zucchini and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool.
- To make the filling, whisk together the ricotta, mozzarella and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooled squash and onions. Mix well.
- Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Fill each cooked shell with about 1 tablespoon of the filling. Place on top of the marinara sauce. Drizzle with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
13x9-inch Baking Pans $8 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Zucchini Cookbooks $5 & Up
Jumbo Shells $2 & Up
Marinara Sauce $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.