Beer-Battered Crispy Fried Cod Fish Tacos Recipe Elevates Taco Night by 30Seconds Food
On Taco Tuesday (or Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) do you automatically grab ground beef for those tacos? Instead, why not surprise your family with some crispy, crunchy fish tacos? They are not hard to make at all!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup light beer
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into long, wide strips
- vegetable oil, for frying
- corn tortillas or flour tortillas (about 12 to 16), warmed
- fresh cilantro
- pico de gallo
- sour cream
- lime wedges
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- avocado slices or grilled avocado
- avocado serrano sauce, creamy chipotle sauce, creamy cilantro lime sauce, amazon sauce or homemade taco sauce
Here's how to make it:
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet to 360 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl. Add the beer and stir to combine. (Batter will be thick.)
- Dip the fish into the batter to coat, then put into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown on all sides, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining fish. (Do not crowd the pan.)
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. Refry all the fish until very golden brown and crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Put the fish into corn tortillas and add desired toppings.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Vegetable Oil $2 & Up
Flour $2 & Up
Corn Tortillas $2 & Up
Flour Tortillas $2 & Up
Skillets $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.