Easy Copycat Taco Bell® Mexican Pizza Recipe Is Chef Approved by Ann Marie Patitucci
My friend Craig is a business teacher by occupation and an award-winning chef just for fun! He often posts photos on social media of his delicious creations. He recently posted a photo of his Mexican pizza, and I just had to ask him for the recipe. Some of his recipes are beyond my skill level, but some, like this pizza recipe, can be made by just about anyone.
With all the excitement over the return of Taco Bell's Mexican pizza, the fast food restaurant is running out. No joke! So instead of wasting gas and possibly being disappointed, make this easy copycat recipe of Taco Bell's Mexican pizza at home.
Cuisine: Mexican / American
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 a 1-ounce packet taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (Mexican blend works well)
- sour cream, for serving
- sliced green onions, for garnish
Here's how to make it:
- Quickly "fry" the tortillas for 20 to 30 seconds in a hot, dry skillet. (You could add a drop or two of oil, if desired.)
- Lay one tortilla down and top with refried beans (as much as you'd like) and ground beef, then place the second tortilla on top. Add enchilada sauce to cover. Top with shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- Place in a 375-degree F oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Remove and garnish with more enchilada sauce and green onions. Serve with sour cream.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.