Easy Savory Chicken Soup Recipe Really Does Feed the Soul (30-Second Video) by Elisa A. Schmitz 30Seconds
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 whole, fresh chicken
- 7 - 9 celery stalks (divided)
- 5 - 7 carrots (divided)
- 1 large onion (divided)
- 1 bay leaf
- seasonings, dried herbs or fresh herbs (your choice)
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Cover a whole, fresh chicken with water in a large stock pot. Add 3 stalks of celery, 1 carrot, 1 bay leaf, half of a large onion cut in slices, salt, pepper and seasonings of your choice. Bring chicken to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour or until done. Remove chicken from liquid and set aside to cool.
- De-bone the chicken and tear into bite-sized pieces. Return pieces to the liquid.
- Chop half an onion, 4 to 6 celery stalks and 4 to 6 carrots. Sauté in olive oil until al dente.
- Add cooked veggies to the pot. Stir all ingredients together. Serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.