Healthy Chickpea & Artichoke Salad Recipe: This Vegan Salad Recipe Is Full of Flavors & Textures by Laura Theodore
Because of the health benefits of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), many people have added them into their healthy diets. Chickpeas are loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber, and may aid in weight management, digestion and reduce your risk of disease.
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 to 3 hours to chill
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes plus 2 to 3 hours to chill
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 - 3 ounces baby spinach, finely chopped
- 6 sweet mini peppers (or 1 medium sweet red or orange bell pepper), seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) water-packed baby artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons good-quality balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Put the chickpeas, spinach, mini pepper slices, artichoke hearts, olive oil, maple syrup, vinegar (or lemon juice), optional paprika and garlic powder into a large bowl. Gently stir together with a large spoon to thoroughly combine. Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Divide between four to six bowls and serve.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.