Blue Zone Salad Recipe: This Zucchini, Carrot & Chickpea Salad Is Loaded With Blue Zone Herbs for Longevity by 30Seconds Food
People living in the Blue Zone regions are some of the longest-living people on earth, and plants, herbs and spices are a big part of their healthy Blue Zone diet. Zucchini, carrots and chickpeas combine with the freshness of mint and cilantro to create this healthy, Asian-inspired, Blue Zone-friendly salad. It's great as a side dish, or you can throw in some chicken or tofu to add protein for lunch or dinner. Either way, it's a great way to help boost longevity!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 zucchini, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Here's how to make it:
- Combine all the dressing ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, cilantro, mint and chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat. Serve.
Note: Spice it up by adding a chopped jalapeno or other hot pepper.