No Name Pie Recipe: This Tried-and-True Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie Recipe Deserves a Name by Melissa Vickers
This pie recipe – or at least its lack of a real name – always reminds me of the song Horse With No Name by America. Why did the singer spend at least 10 days in a desert and never give his horse a name?
By the same logic, I have no idea why Aunt Ruth never gave this pie a real name, but I’m glad she shared the easy dessert recipe with me over 40 years ago! And our family dutifully requests it by its (lack of) name.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 store-bought pie crust
Here's how to make it:
- Sift sugar and flour together.
- Cream butter with sugar/flour mixture together. (The better you cream this, the more pie-like and less cookie-like the end result will be. But even impatience is still rewarded with a tasty pie!)
- Add eggs and stir well.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 45 minutes. Serve with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.