Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes Recipe: Saucy, Flavorful Sloppy Joe Sandwich Recipe Is Family Pleasin' by Ann Marie Patitucci
You can stretch this ground beef recipe even farther if you use slider buns. Bonus: it’s great for parties, tailgating, BBQs –any large gathering! In my house I consider this easy sandwich recipe a win because the whole family likes it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) ground pork sausage (can substitute turkey sausage)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium-sized green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 hamburger buns (or a larger amount of slider buns)
Here's how to make it:
- On medium-high heat, brown beef and sausage with onion and bell pepper in a large Dutch oven (or skillet, cast iron ideally), stirring 10 minutes or until meats crumble and are no longer pink. Drain well.
- Place meat mixture into a slow cooker. Stir in tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Serve on hamburger buns or slider buns.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.