20-Minute Sloppy Joes Recipe With Cheese: The Best Sloppy Joe Sandwich Ever by 30Seconds Food
There are sloppy joe recipes, and then there's this ooey, gooey, cheesy ground beef sloppy joe sandwich recipe. OMG. This easy sloppy joe recipe with cheese will make your family beg for sandwich night.
Lean ground beef is cooked in a skillet with onion and garlic. To create the sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar, tomato sauce and beef broth are cooked into the meat. The result is seasoned ground beef sandwich with so many different flavors. Add thick-cut mozzarella cheese and you are in for a treat!
Serve these quick sloppy joe sandwiches for lunch or dinner. For dinner, serve with a salad and a side of french fries, onion rings, tater tots or homemade potato chips. You could use ground turkey in place of the ground beef. This cheesy sloppy joe recipe is on the table in about 20 minutes. So quick and easy.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 5
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 6 - 8 thick-cut mozzarella cheese slices or 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- hamburger buns or sandwich buns
Here's how to make it:
- Cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan. Completely cover with slices of cheese. Cover and cook on low until the cheese melts.
- Using a spatula, cut through the cheese and spoon the meat mixture onto the hamburger buns.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets With Lids $10 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Beef Broth $2 & Up
Mustard $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.