20-Minute Ground Beef Sloppy Joe Hoagie Recipe Has a Secret Ingredient by 30Seconds Food
If you grew up eating sloppy joes for dinner, then you will love this delicious variation of the classic comfort food recipe. This easy sloppy joe sandwich recipe is served on a hoagie roll and topped with melted cheese. Sandwich night perfection.
You could easily substitute ground chicken or ground turkey for the ground beef. But be sure to use the secret ingredient: Italian sausage! Serve this budget-friendly recipe with homemade potato chips or french fries.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage (Secret ingredient!)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (13 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- provolone or mozzarella cheese
- hoagie rolls
Here's how to make it:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Crumble in the ground beef and Italian sausage. Cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add the tomato and cook about 1 minute more. Drain any fat from the pan.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, pizza sauce and Italian seasoning. Cook about 5 more minutes.
- Lay the hoagie rolls on a baking sheet. Spoon the mixture inside the rolls and top with the cheese. Bake in a 400-degree F oven until cheese has melted.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Skillets $10 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Pizza Sauce $2 & Up
Dried Italian Seasonings $3 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.