Grandma's Easy Applesauce Spice Cake Recipe Is Magically Moist by Ann Marie Patitucci
If you like spice cakes, you’ll love this easy apple cake recipe. Not only is it delicious, but applesauce is a magical ingredient. The applesauce adds sweetness and moisture, and reduces the amount of fat needed in a recipe (i.e. butter or oil).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 25 minutes (includes cooling)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups chunky applesauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- powdered sugar, for serving
Here's how to make it:
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, apple pie spice, granulated sugar and brown sugar together. Add the applesauce, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk just until thoroughly combined. Mix in the chopped walnuts, if using.
- Transfer the batter to a 13x9-inch baking pan that's been sprayed with nonstick baking spray. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Let the cake cool in the pan, on a wire rack, about 90 minutes. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.