Eggs Sardou Recipe: This Creole Egg Recipe With Creamed Spinach, Poached Eggs & Hollandaise Is Courtesy of Louisiana by 30Seconds Food
This easy Eggs Sardou recipe needs a hollandaise sauce for drizzling, so be sure to make that first so it's ready to go when the eggs are done poaching. (You could use jarred hollandaise if you're in a hurry and here's help if you're not sure how to poach eggs.)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (divided)
- 1 jar (6 to 7 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen leaf spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (you could use fresh spinach)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 4 eggs, poached
- prepared hollandaise sauce (try this blender hollandaise sauce recipe)
Here's how to make it:
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add half of the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and stir to combine.
- Melt the remaining butter in a saucepot over low heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Sprinkle in the flour and stir to form a paste. Slowly pour in the heavy cream, whisking constantly. When fully combined and smooth, stir in the hot sauce. Pour the mixture into the spinach and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Poach the eggs.
- To serve, put the eggs on top of the spinach artichoke mixture and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve with English muffins or toast.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.