Garlic Butter Air Fryer Turnips Recipe Will Make a Turnip Lover Out of You by Donna John
Growing up, my family ate pretty much every vegetable. The only vegetable I didn't eat as a child was parsnips, which I do need to ask my mom about. Turnips were always boiled until soft with butter, salt and pepper. Delicious! (Here's my southern turnips recipe.) That's the way I prepare them now – every time. Until tonight.
The recipe for air fryer carrots is my new favorite vegetable recipe. As I was peeling the turnips for dinner (yes, to boil then add butter, salt and pepper to) I thought about this recipe. Hmm. I think you know where this is going. Here's my second favorite way now to prepare turnips. This garlic butter air fryer turnip recipe is a keeper.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Servings: 3 to 4
- 2 medium to large turnips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- parsley flakes, for garnish (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Peel the turnips with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the turnips into wedges and put into a bowl.
- Put the butter and garlic powder into a small bowl. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the melted garlic butter over the turnips. Stir to coat.
- Put the turnips into the air fryer basket or the air fryer tray in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with dried parsley before serving, if desired.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.