Simple Southern Buttered Turnips Recipe Is As Easy As 1, 2, 3 by Donna John
"I have a bunch of fresh turnips and wanted to experiment with them. This recipe sounds great but, I have no idea what a turnip taste like. I love cooking for the missus and do not want to screw up. I need a simple recipe to get the feel of a turnips taste. You have a bunch of phenomenal recipes so I trust your word."
This easy buttered turnips recipe is how I suggested he cook his first bunch of turnips. This is the way I grew up eating turnips – boiled with butter, salt and pepper. Cooked this way they are tender, flavorful and the turnip flavor shines through.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes (approximately)
Total Time: 15 minutes
- turnips (I used two large turnips)
- butter (I used about 3 tablespoons)
Here's how to make it:
- Using a vegetable peeler, carefully peel the turnips. Cut them into chunks.
- Boil the turnips until tender, about 10 minutes.(They're done when a fork goes all the way through when pierced.)
- Drain the turnips. Add the butter and salt and pepper, to taste.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.