Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe With Chickpeas & Squash: This Chicken Soup Recipe Is Comfort in a Bowl by Ann Marie G.H. Patitucci
My sister Kim and I are 18 months apart. I am so grateful to have her in my life. We’re more like best friends than sisters. We’ve traveled together, we went to the same college and we’ve always been there for each other.
We’ve recently entered a new phase – we share recipes! Our younger selves would find this hilarious! Here’s a soup recipe Kim recently shared with me. I absolutely love chicken and squash, so any recipe that combines them is one I know I will love!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder, or to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 pounds squash and/or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (keep white and green parts separate)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lime juice
- plain yogurt or sour cream, for topping (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine the broth, coconut milk and curry powder. Taste and add more curry, if you'd like.
- Add chicken, squash and/or sweet potato, and white parts of the green onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the potatoes/squash are soft and the chicken is no longer pink in the center. Transfer chicken to a plate. When cool, shred or chop the meat.
- Stir the soup to partially dissolve the potatoes (if including sweet potatoes). I use a hand masher, lightly.
- Stir in chicken, green part of green onions, chickpeas and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in lime juice and serve. Top with yogurt or sour cream, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
Coconut Milk $2 & Up
Curry Powder $3 & Up
Chickpeas $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.