15-Minute Dijon Salmon Cakes Recipe With Arugula, Lemon & Capers by Sarah Amona
Cheesy salmon patties are amazing, but if you're trying to eat healthier, here's a salmon cakes recipe for you. This easy, healthy salmon patties recipe is seasoned with lemon, Dijon and horseradish and served with a fresh arugula salad dressed with lemon and capers. Dinner or lunch is ready in 15 minutes!
A healthy, often overlooked, ingredient in these salmon patties is wheat germ. Wheat germ is the part of the grain that is responsible for the growth of the new plant sprout. It's very small, but mighty. Wheat germ is an excellent source of folate, magnesium, thiamin, phosphorus and zinc. Plus, you won't even know it's in the recipe!
This healthy Dijon salmon cake recipe will help you keep to your healthy eating plan. The salmon recipe is a complete meal, and can be served for dinner or lunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless pink salmon, drained
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion (green and white parts)
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 1/2 teaspoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoons capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups baby arugula
Here's how to make it:
- Using a fork, combine the salmon, green onions, lemon zest, yogurt, mustard, horseradish, wheat germ and celery in a bowl. Mix well.
- Mix the capers and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add the arugula and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving plate, forming a bed of the arugula mixture. Set aside
- Coat a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat about 1 minute.
- Divide the salmon mixture into two round patties, each 1/2-inch thick. Reduce the heat to low and add the patties to the skillet. Cook 2 minutes per side, then flip and cook 1 minute more or until heated through and lightly browned. Place on top of the reserved arugula mixture.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pink Salmon $2 & Up
Prepared Horseradish $3 & Up
Capers $3 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Wheat Germ $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.